How much sleep in enough?
Ideally you should aim for 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Everyone's body is different so what may work for your roommate may not work for you.
How can I get more sleep?
- Try to limit your time on the computer or phone right before bed. The light from screens can disrupt the melatonin production in your body, which is the hormone that helps you fall asleep.
- If you cannot limit the time on your computer right before bed, there is a program called f.lux, which makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
- Other Tips
- Limit caffeine 4-6 hours before bed
- Wear an eye mask to create a dark room
- Make sure the temperature is between 68 and 72 degrees
- Use ear plugs or a fan for white noise to drown out disruptive noise
- Create a To-Do list before bed to prevent your mind from racing